The Radiology Department of the Granite Falls Municipal Hospital and Manor exists to safely provide the highest quality diagnostic imaging services possible in a compassionate, respectful manner, utilizing the most cost-effective methods. All individuals who independently provide technical diagnostic radiology services are ARRT registered and have appropriate training and competence.
- Bone density (DEXA) studies detect osteoporosis using a low dose x-ray of the hip and lumbar spine combined with computer technology. This allows for the comparison of a patient’s current bone density to normal values. Early detection of low density values gives patients the chance to increase their bone density by diet, exercise and/or medication. DEXA scans are available Monday-Friday.
- Computerized tomography (CT) combines x-ray equipment with computer technology to see organs and tissues inside your body in a very special way. Using computerized tomography, doctors can diagnose many conditions earlier and faster than ever before. CT’s are available 24/7.
- Diagnostic x-ray is a medical procedure to help identify disease or injury inside your body. These are available 24/7.
- MRI produces images of your body using a large magnet, radiowaves and computers. This state-of-the-art technology allows detailed images of your body without exposure to x-ray. These tests are available Wednesday afternoons and Friday mornings.
- Digital Mammography is a specialized x-ray procedure used to detect breast cancer and is available Monday-Friday.
- Nuclear medicine utilizes low dose isotopes and computer enhancement to display images of bone, certain soft tissue and the heart. This is available on Tuesdays.
- Ultrasound is a medical diagnostic procedure that uses sound waves to produce images. Ultrasound produces better images of certain “soft” tissues than x-rays do because ultrasound distinguishes one form of tissue from another.
For more information on Radiological services available at the Granite Falls Municipal Hospital you may contact either by e-mail or phone-320-564-6241.
CT, radiology, mammography and bone density services are available on site. Mobile ultrasound, nuclear medicine and MRI scanning services are available on a regularly scheduled basis.