Education & Training:
Undergraduate: University of Minnesota , 1964
Medical School: University of Minnesota School of Medicine, 1968
Internship: Rotating, St. Mary’s Hospital, Minnesota, 1969
- American Board of Family Practice
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Geriatric Medicine
Scope of Practice:
Family Practice is a medical specialty that emphasizes comprehensive medical care for families as a whole and as individual members, caring for patients from birth to advanced age. Medical concerns are managed through diagnosis, treatment and prevention of common illnesses and chronic diseases taking into account genetics, family history and mental health. Family physicians also coordinate and manage patient care with other specialists.
Added qualification in Geriatrics.
I have practiced family medicine in Granite Falls since 1970 with a special interest in geriatrics and preventive medicine.
Professional Associations and Activities:
- Preceptor, Rural Physicians Associate Program
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Mid-Minnesota Medical Society
- American Academy of Family Practice
- Minnesota Academy of Family Practice
- Yellow Medicine County Coroner